What to Expect at Your Massage Session
The following guidelines are provided to answer any questions you might have as well as to clarify the scope of services provided by Kathy Young Therapeutic Massage & Hypnosis.
- The massage therapist will have you complete a short questionnaire at your first session. The more information you share with the massage therapist, the more customized the session can be to meet your needs. All information and discussions will be held in strictest confidence.
- Please advise the massage therapist of any specific areas that are troublesome and should either be avoided or require special attention.
- Your feedback is always appreciated during and after a session to help tailor each visit to serve you in the best possible way.
- It is the policy of Kathy Young Therapeutic Massage & Hypnosis that proper draping be utilized at all times for comfort, warmth, modesty, and general health consideration. Only the area being worked on will be exposed.
- Please remove articles such as wristwatches, contacts, glasses, necklaces, and bracelets.
- Bring your favorite CD. Although music is available, if you have something you would particularly like to listen to, please bring it to enhance the session.
- In order to maximize the effectiveness and safety of massage sessions, please notify the massage therapist of any changes in medication or health status prior to a session (i.e. medication changes, cold/flu, presence of infectious disease, menstrual cycle, etc.)
- Any information exchanged during the massage session is intended only for your own knowledge and awareness. It is not to intended to replace any prescriptions or recommendations from your personal physician.
- Payment is expected when services are rendered. As with any provider of professional services, a 24 hour notice of cancellation will be required. Thank you for your understanding.
- The massage may be terminated if conditions become uncomfortable for either the therapist or the client. Payment will be made based upon the time spent together. Please see Types of Massage for a list of the professional bodywork options available.