Massage and bodywork can help:
- Release chronic muscular tension and pain
- Reduce overall stress and anxiety
- Improve circulation
- Increase joint flexibility
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue and stress
- Increase the movement of lymph
- Aid in the digestion of food
- Improve breathing
- Promote faster healing of injured muscular tissue
- Improve posture
- Reduce blood pressure
- Alleviate low back pain
Massage and bodywork is also known to promote better sleep and create an overall sense of well-being.
Are There Any Medical Conditions That Would Make Massage or Bodywork Inadvisable?
Yes. That’s why it is imperative that before you begin your session, the practitioner asks general health questions. It is very important that you inform the practitioner of any health problems or medications you are taking. If you are under a doctor’s care, it is strongly advised that you receive a written recommendation for massage or bodywork prior to any session. Depending on your physical conditions, written approval from a doctor for massage may be required.